Monday, May 4, 2009

Love of Nature, Music and Art Unites Humanity

Yesterday I was talking to a friend who recently travelled to rural Kenya to volunteer at a new school. The school has been established between tribes that have historically warred with each other, and now their children attend school together. Today's image on the Rainforest Site reminds me of this process of transcending political barriers through education and also our simple shared love of the things that are truly important in life. I think it's important we acknowledge these ties more often. Though most people seem vastly different, I think everyone can see beauty in a flower or tree. Though we might listen to different music or have different opinions on art, I can't think of anyone I know who doesn't like music or art at all ....

No comments: